Feeling Peckish (The 10 Euro Challenge)


Day 2


I actually woke up hungry, which makes a change at the moment. Not moving much has really affected my eating habits and I’m so hopeful that I will be joining the real world again soon, this challenge gets me motivated to eat three times a day.

Breakfast was the same as yesterday, cereal and I enjoyed it. It is actually delicious and I am tempted to go and buy more after the challenge has ended. However, I have noticed that I'll probably only get 4-5 servings out of it. And as you saw from yesterday I am not eating a huge bowl. I am using a mug to eat out of.

At lunch, I had a cup of tea and my homemade bread lightly toasted with pesto. It was quick and filling and rather tasty. I’m finding it quite nice eating such simple foods.

It hit 18:00 and I was already famished, I was hoping I could hold out for my housemate having a slice of bread with a drizzle of olive oil earlier and another cup of tea. But no, I held out until 18:45 and then cooked the gnocchi in 4 minutes, drained them and spooned out two of the 6 plum tomatoes from the can and a third of the sauce and put them in the pan, with salt and pepper to warm the ‘sauce’ up. I added a teaspoon of the finely grated cheese but nothing saved this sorry dish.

In fact I was so ashamed to take a photo of the dish. I apologize if it offends your eyes...

Buying cheap gnocchi is a risk and this one was definitely not the best. It tasted like glue... Maybe I over/undercooked it. Let’s hope, I have two more meals of gnocchi this week!

Total cost of produce used: 1 Euro 23 cents

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Vegan #meatlessmay

My Must Have Vegan Recipes 2! #meatlessmay

Vegan Love #meatlessmay