Inviting Guests (The 10 Euro Challenge)

Saturday


I rejoiced at eating my cereal this morning, I'm finding it difficult to wake up before 11am because the food is so dire and my absence from society leaves me with the same boring day. I'm not depressed but today I know that I have the possibility of not being able to work for a further 3 weeks and I haven't addressed this mentally yet.

Luckily, I get to eat the rest of the cereal, a huge portion in my eyes with milk and yogurt, plus a good cup of tea.

I have a small amount of dough left for lunch 😖 I know that lunch is not going to be the most pleasant and put it off, even thinking about not eating lunch and waiting for dinner, but my friend informs me that they will be arriving at 8pm. I can't wait that long, so I shuffle to the kitchen and add water to the crispy dried out dough. I give it a quick knead and decide to make the worlds smallest calzone. I added one canned plum tomato and 2 teaspoons of cheese and put it in the oven.

Out it came, all I can say is wow. OK it wasn't amazing but the yeast seems to have fermented and tastes like beer batter and having good cheese makes a world of difference! Then I receive a message from my friend who explains that their going to be coming at 9pm after being delayed trying to help me find some weird groceries for next weeks recipes. My stomach is feeling very empty so I have a cup of tea.

As soon as my friend arrives I put the water to boil for the gnocchi and put the shopping away. I'm so focused on completing the challenge that the only thing seriously tempting me is the fresh pears. I serve the gnocchi add the pesto and cheese allowance into each dish dismal. Luckily my friend had a great lunch and unlike myself, they're satisfied with the tiny portion.

I make more tea to drink as I end my penultimate day, hungry.

Total cost of produced used for myself: 98 cents
Total cost to feed my friend: 41 cents

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Vegan #meatlessmay

My Must Have Vegan Recipes 2! #meatlessmay

Vegan Love #meatlessmay