The Calorie Deficit (The 10 Euro Challenge)


Day 4


Today I slept in until late and decided to eat my meals later. I’m averaging, 1200 calories (and less) a day the amount of calories to keep a stationary body ticking over. Although it is probably what overweight me needs to eat but the food is low quality and not satisfying.

I ate my breakfast a small amount of plain yogurt with my lunch and had the remaining bread with tomatoes and two eggs as I craved much needed protein. I usually have a varied diet and this is becoming difficult to stomach.

I drank one cup of tea which I have to admit, I am enjoying the taste of. Usually, I'm a food snob and I often find my self spending a fare bit on a flavoursome Earl Grey. 

Then it was time to make the second batch of bread. This time I tried a different recipe but this one seems not quite right so I add more water but I think I didn’t knead enough. My energy levels depleted.

Dinner was gnocchi and with pesto and cheese. Luckily this pesto makes everything bearable to eat! My cheeky housemate prefers what I am eating to her none carb diet, I'm left drooling over her salmon and lettuce salad. Supper was a cup of tea. Whilst my housemate tucked on biscuits and I watched (she did offer but I am very strict on this subject).

Today I feel drained, they say not eating well affects your mood, well I sincerely agree. I know my mood is happier when I eat a good piece of fish!

I can even see it in my writing... it's lacking passion.

Total amount of produce used: 1 Euro 38 cents

Comments

  1. It sounds so difficult Becky, makes me really feel for the people who are left with so little money and are eating low quality food.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anneli, it really makes you think. Day 5 has been the hardest so far. Imagine burning your food or having a cooking disaster but you still have to eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being Vegan #meatlessmay

My Must Have Vegan Recipes 2! #meatlessmay

Vegan Love #meatlessmay