Carbohydrate Overload (The 10 Euro Challenge)


Day 5

I got excited by thinking it was Friday yesterday, but then it came to a crash when I realised I had 3 more days of this challenge left.

This morning was the smallest portion of cereal ever and a cup of tea.

 I baked the bread and it didn’t rise and now I have rocks for lunch and no bread for the rest of the week because I have to use the other batch for pizza because I ate more than my quota of eggs to quickly. I cook tinned tomatoes and three fish fingers and look carefully to change my meals for the rest of the week

I'm hungry and emotional, I just want to go back to work and be apart of the real world again. It's easy to imagine that I have nothing else but this because I can't go out to buy things at the moment and had been using Esselunga delivery at 8 Euros a pop.

This bread failed, I was relying on using this for three days and four meals. I can't throw it away and have to salvage it and make it work.

Being so focused on this challenge I can feel the pain and desperation of those that would rely on that bread a lot more than myself. I also feel anger at the fact that I have wasted so much produce and money because of branding. 

One thing I have noticed is that the amount of rubbish I throw away has really decreased. This is a real positive.

My friend came over and I offered her a 2c tea, she was actually impressed with the taste.

Dinner was an absolute shambles, I added water and oil to the dough to try and form a pizza base, it was not happening and I ended up with a weird bread substance with tinned tomato and cheese.

My housemate has a taste and tells me it's not so bad.Today has to be the worst day by far. My stomach is bloated and apart from the 'fish fingers', nothing I ate was of quality.


Total cost of produce used: 1 Euro 25 cents

Jack Monroe's article shows us how poverty can impact the lives of families, she also has some fantastic advice and recipes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Vegan #meatlessmay

My Must Have Vegan Recipes 2! #meatlessmay

Vegan Love #meatlessmay